ACP/AD Advocate Training for CSBs (08.24.23)
***This is a live, virtual training***
Is it important to you to help others get the care they want? Do you want to support individuals in making thoughtful medical decisions? Advance care planning (ACP) advocates help others understand the importance of ACP and get access to resources that can help them. They actively and enthusiastically engage those around them about ACP, offer knowledgeable support, and make referrals to resources for taking the next step—having the conversation and completing an advance directive (AD).
- Learn about best practices for high quality, comprehensive advance care planning (ACP)
- Gain familiarity with effective tools and resources to support individuals with ACP
- Be able to make referrals to local and state ACP support services
- Develop beginning skills, knowledge, and strategies to support individual and group engagement with advance care planning
- Understand how to collect and report data in your role as an ACP advocate
Audience: Anyone working in a CSB organization or community who supports ACP services and/or AD facilitators but does not need facilitator training.
Cost: Free for Virginia CSB staff and CSB-affiliated organizations, $20 all others
August 24, 2023