This Advance Care Planning (ACP) Facilitator Certification course is for those who assist individuals ages 18+ in having thoughtful conversations about the care they would want in the event of medical crisis. This training provides the skills and expertise to lead conversations on future health care wishes and preferences.
- Describe interview skills for ACP with healthy adults, adults with chronic, progressive illness and those living in long-term care
- Demonstrate beginning competency in facilitating basic ACP discussions
- Demonstrate competency in completing a health care directive
- List a variety of educational materials and tools available for promoting and assisting with ACP
- Identify key strategies for community engagement
- Identify key principles and strategies to develop an effective ACP program
Pre-requisite: There are four online modules to be completed prior to the classroom training. Instructions to complete the modules will be emailed to participants after registration. The modules should be started as early as possible to allow adequate time for completion.
Audience: This training is intended for HCV partner organizations’ ACP teams, as well as HCV Community Facilitator volunteers. Please contact us before registering for this training.
Cost: $305. Includes 1.5-day classroom training, online training modules (completed prior to classroom session), training materials, lunch on full-day training and light refreshments both days, and CEUs.
Advance registration is required by October 1, 2020.
* Virginia law requires that community members who are not attorneys or health care providers must complete a certified training program to assist with creation of advance medical directives. Honoring Choices Virginia has been certified by the Virginia Department of Health to provide training to community members.
October 8, 2020
October 9, 2020
Honoring Choices Virginia @
Richmond Academy of Medicine
2821 Emerywood Parkway
Richmond, Virginia 23294
Have questions or need your registration code?