Join Honoring Choices Virginia and HCA Virginia for this educational offering for physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and individuals training for these roles. This Advance Care Planning (ACP) course will give you a number of tools to encourage and facilitate thoughtful conversations with your patients about the care they would want in the event of medical crisis. This training provides participants with the skills and expertise to lead conversations on future health care wishes and preferences, while considering how to best represent those goals in advance care planning documents.
Objectives: At the conclusion of this educational activity, the participant will be able to:
- Demonstrate enhanced competency in initiating ACP discussions
- Demonstrate understanding of legal and practical requirements for actionable advance medical directives and other types of advance care plans
- Become familiar with a variety of educational materials and tools available for promoting and assisting with ACP
- Identify key strategies for patient engagement in ACP
- Identify key principles and strategies to successfully integrate ACP in clinical workflow and billing
Primary audience: Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and individuals training for these roles.
Advance registration is required.
Dinner and CME provided by Henrico Doctor’s Hospital.
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
6:00pm to 8:00pm
Registration and Dinner begin at 5:30pm
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital – Forest Campus
Williamsburg Room (located near Skipwith entrance)
1602 Skipwith Road
Richmond, Virginia 23229