As a collaboration of the Richmond Academy of Medicine, Bon Secours Virginia Medical Group, HCA Virginia, and VCU Health, we are dedicated to helping our medical community have the tools necessary to ensure patients medical goals are heard, documented, and honored.
We have trained more 200 medical professionals – including physicians, nurses, social workers, pharmacists – and members of the care team in how to have value-neutral conversations about future medical care with patients and their loved ones.
Join us in this work:
- Become a facilitator
- Attend an educational event
- Online Training: Critical Conversations: Facilitating Advance Care Planning in Health Care Settings
- Request a presentation
- Find Honoring Choices partner organizations
- Become a partner
Resources for medical providers:
- Honoring Choices Virginia’s advance care planning guide
- Honoring Choices Virginia Healthcare Agent Information Card
- Virginia Advance Medical Directive
- IHI’s Conversation Ready: A Framework for Improving End-of-Life Care
- End-of-Life Care Conversations: Medicare Reimbursement FAQs
- How can I engage my leaders in advance care planning?
Real, Local Stories
The Conversation with a Loved One
We hope you can join us for one of our upcoming training offerings or community events!